In a world where paying bills and taking care of everyone else but yourself is the norn, we have forgotten the very roots of which we come from. Healers. Healers are beings that naturally have the gift of making the world a better place. They come in all shapes, sizes, shades, races, and so on. Not one is alike, and they heal in different ways and most often don't even know they are healers.
I like to blame the media for this mysterious gift, because most often a healer in movies miraculously fixes broken bones in seconds, mends scars in a blink of an eye, and most are performed by otherworldly beings like vampires, aliens, and superhuman Witches.
The sacredness of healers has been turned into an untouchable notion of sorts. Leaving thousands upon thousands of people thinking lesser than themselves. Only the chosen ones, the born into ones, the devoted ones are the true healers. False, in every fucking way. I truly believe that each and every one of us are healers, healers that heal in various ways and are all vital in this world. Whether you see it, feel it or not, you are all sacred.
Yes, there are those that are capable of doing, seeing, shifting more than others and some that are born into this world with a purpose of devotion to healing alone, like for example, myself. I'm a born healer with the same mission my ancestors had for eons; a seer whos gifts stem from those that came before me. Honored into my tribe as a Bohike, a healer of the Taino nation. A sacred honor and position only given not claimed. However, this does not place me above anyone else and this does not take away your gifts as a healer as well.
You can be a healer working in the medical field; even a person booking appointments can be using her healing gift in her position. Being kind, compassionate and caring for other peoples important dates. A teacher of any grade level is most definitely using her healing gifts, helping children prosper and grow with patience and heart. You can be in any field or position and use your sacred gift in everything that you do. So, if you have field somewhere in your bones that you were meant to do much healing work in this world, see my top signs below.
1. You are highly sensitive to energy. People, Places, and things.
2. You connect to other people quickly, feel other people’s emotions and physical ailments as your own
3. You are intuitive and tell if someone is good or bad news. Even can tell if they are telling a lie.
4. You have gone through a lot in your personal life. Trauma, hurt, pain, scars, and have fallen down more than most but have somehow pulled through and are standing strong.
5. You have felt different from others, like an outcast for most of your life.
6. Your heart, your compassion is at another level. You think differently from others.
7. Although you get overwhelmed in public easily, you are the natural peacemaker between people.
8. You are the go-to person, the confidant that people turn to in times of need. They tend to “dump” their emotional baggage onto you, Yet you willingly help them even though feel drained after spending too much time around people
9. Sacred beings like animals and children gravitate towards you.
10. You are very aware of the interconnectedness of life and deeply respect it and you believe in synchronicity more than coincidences.
11. You tend to attract people who need “fixing” but often get trapped in self-sacrificing roles and are naturally drawn towards healing professions that help others experience balance and wholeness.